It looks like Twitter has done it again. What started with a simple tweet has grown into a monster of an idea… one that we’d love you all to get involved with:
In response to my 2014 Grape Expectations post, Mike from pleasebringmemywine.com sent a tweet, outlining his plan to try a new wine every week in 2014 and asked for a suggestion to kick it off. I responded without giving it a great deal of thought (suggesting an Aussie Riesling with a Chinese takeaway) but then I began to get very excited about the idea.
I thought it would be great to get involved; maybe we could drink the same wines and compare notes. However, after a few direct messages and emails, we came up with the idea for the #newwinethisweek. To make things even better, Zelda from theillustratedwine.wordpress.com, even came up with a fantastic design for the campaign!
Here’s how it works:
- Every Monday we will issue the wine for the week via Twitter
- Each wine will be readily available from a supermarket or Majestic
- If you’re in, buy the wine and drink it
- Tweet a short review using the hashtag #newwinethisweek or put a comment in the section below and give it a score out of 10
- We will aim to cover as many different countries and as many different grape varieties during the year
- Suggestions for subsequent weeks will be most welcome
I hope this sounds like something of interest – if it is then sign up and get your friends and family on-board; let’s learn about new wines together in 2014.
THE #NEWWINETHISWEEK LEADERBOARD
Scores out of 10 for each wine collated below with links to each week’s article: