November Monthly Wine Writing Challenge (#MWWC5)
I’ve been writing this blog for just over a year now and winning the October Monthly Wine Writing Challenge (#MWWC4) was by far my proudest writing moment to date. The monthly challenge is a great way to interact with other (real and talented!) blogger/writers and from it comes some fantastic articles on the fantastic subject of wine.
The prize for winning the challenge is to come up with the theme for the following month and although it sounds like an easy task… it’s really bloody difficult! I wrote down a list of possible options, crossed out a few but one word stood out. However much I enjoy a bottle of great wine, it’s the company and the food that usually makes it memorable. Not being able to share a good bottle with others always feels like an opportunity missed, and how often does a bottle of wine just yearn for the company of a beautifully cooked joint of meat (or carrot for you veggies out there)? With that in mind, the theme for this month is… FEAST.
So what are you waiting for? Oh, you’re waiting for the rules! OK, here they are…
1. Any (or all) of the “rules” below can be amended or changed by the presiding King/Queen of the Wine Writing Challenge
2. Write a post based on the theme “Feast” (only this month!)
3. At least try and make it relevant to wine (the clue is in the name of the challenge!)
4. The post should be less than 1000 words (my wife is an English teacher and she will be paying extra special attention to this – every 10 words over the limit will mean 1 day less voting time for your post!)
5. Include the Monthly Wine Writing Challenge badge (if you want to)
6. Post your work of art on your own blog, link back to this post, send me a link to your post and tweet a link using the hashtag #MWWC5
7. Get others involved by unashamedly promoting this fine monthly endeavour on any/all social networks, using the hashtag #MWWC5
8. Each time a new post is tweeted please retweet it
9. Vote for your top 3 (if I can work out how to set up the voting system)
10. Get as many other people as possible to vote for their top 3!
The all important dates
Deadline for submission: Saturday 23rd November 2013
Voting Begins: Sunday 24th November 2013
Voting Ends: Friday 29th November 2013
Winner Announced: Saturday 30th November 2013
If you’re looking for some inspiration here are the links to the previous winning posts:
July – Transportation
August – Trouble
September – Possession
October – Oops
November – Feast
It could be you!
Get writing and good luck!